The Abyss guide by Feretus005
The Abyss guide by Feretus005
Corrections by Mugol
Note: This is not a quest. It's more like a mission, giving you access to a
better way of Runecrafting.
Difficulty level: Easy. Members Only
Skills Needed: None
Reward: 1000 xp in rune crafting. An abyss research book and a small essence
Items Needed: None
Quests Needed: Rune mysteries
Recommended stuff: Varrock and Ardougne teleports are extremely useful
Starting location: Just North of Edgeville (level 7-9 Wilderness.) Talk to the Zamorak
1. After speaking to the mage he tells you to talk to him in Varrock chaos
2. Meet him there and he will eventually tell you he needs you to teleport from
three different places to the rune essence mine to charge a scrying orb he gives
There are many places to teleport from. Here are four:
- Aubury (the magic shop in Varrock)
- Seridor (basement in Wizards Tower)
- Wizard Cromperty (North east Ardougne)
- Wizard Distentor (Magic Guild)
Just Teleport from these places 3 times. They have to be different. You don't
need to mine any essence. After you have teleported 3 times the scrying orb
should be a greenish color. just simply go back to the mage in Varrock, to
receive your reward.
You must speak to the Zamorak mage in Varrock and ask him about the abyss
before being allowed access to the abyss. Then go to Edgeville Zamorak Mage
(level 7-9 Wilderness). Right-click on him and select Teleport on
When you arrive in the abyss you will be skulled and your prayer will drain to
There are three types of monsters in the abyss:
Note: The abyss is a multi combat zone so you can be ganged up on by the
Abyssal Leeches - Level 41
Fast and Aggressive.
Abyssal Guardians - Level 59
Strong and Aggressive
Abyssal Walkers - Level 81
These are the strongest. EXTREMELY STRONG and aggressive, and when you have 5
of those on you its hard to survive.
All the monsters drop all the talismans (except law,) rune essence and
Pouches carry rune essence more efficiently - save you inventory slots.
- Small Pouches hold up to 3 Rune Essence.
- Medium Pouches hold up to 6 Rune Essence and require 25 Runecrafting.
- Large Pouches hold up to 9 Rune Essence and require 50 Runecrafting.
- Giant Pouches hold up to 12 Rune Essence and require 75 Runecrafting.
Unfortunately you can only carry one of each pouches at a time. After some use
pouches can get damaged, go to Dark Mage to repair them.
The Inner Circle offers immediate access to all existing Rune Essence Altars. To
get to the Inner Circle do one of the following:
- chop the tendrils. (needs a hatchet),
- mine the rocks. (needs a pick axe),
- burn the boil (needs a tinder box),
- distract the eyes (requires a high agility lvl), or
- squeeze through the gap. (also requires a high agility lvl)
Further in the inner circle there is a levitating Dark mage. He gives you
another abyss research book if you lost the old one. And also repairs corrupted
To get out of the abyss you can do either:
- teleport, or
- access the Inner Circle.
After accessing the inner circle you can teleport to any of the rune altars
across RuneScape. Just walk through the relevant portal.
Source: RSDemon Online,