Go back to MCell Home
During my short history of getting experience with Life and Cellular Automata I've
received help from many people. I'd like to thank:
- David Griffeath (http://psoup.math.wisc.edu/kitchen.html)
for hosting a mirror site of MCell in USA; for in-depth testing of my software, *many* new
ideas for MCell, for the new excellent name for my program, and for his great Home Page.
- Michael Sweney, Brian Prentice and Charles A. Rockafellor
for exceptional engagement in exploring CA's, for flooding me with
information, ideas and hints, and for help in maintaining this site.
- Johan Bontes (http://psoup.math.wisc.edu/Life32.html)
for his perfect Life32 program, a library of "Life" rules, profound Beta-tests
of MCell, and tips for speeding MCell up.
- Piotr Zelisko (http://www.opus.chelm.pl)
for hosting my MCell site in Poland.
- Stephen A. Silver (http://www.argentum.freeserve.co.uk/life.htm),
for his exceptional Life Lexicon, hints on loading ProLife files, Beta-testing MCell, RLE
description, and for interesting MCell patterns.
- Rudy Rucker and John Walker (http://www.fourmilab.ch/cellab/) for the
powerful CelLab and the online manual that's my CA Bible.
- Rudy Rucker and David Lowenstein, for pointing me to
valuable CA resources and for many suggestions for the program.
- John Elliott (http://jmge.net), for
inspiring ideas used in MCell 2.0, for his powerful Java applet (which now runs many of
MCell rules), and for Java language consultations.
- Mark D. Niemiec (http://home.interserv.com/~mniemiec/),
for consultations and a lot of useful information about Cellular Automata.
- Ben Schaeffer, for Beta testing, many interesting new rules and MCell
- Jean-Philippe Rennard (http://www.rennard.org/alife/)
for his beautiful CAV (Cellular Automata Viewer) program and for a set of
- Alan Hensel (http://www.mindspring.com/~alanh/life/)
for the great patterns libraries, powerful Java applet, and for permission to use his
Life-like rules descriptions.
- Paul Callahan (http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~callahan/lifepage.html)
for his page of odds and ends about Conway's Game of Life.
- Voitek Pendrak, for endless language consultations.
- ... and many others, I can't mention all of you here.
Last update: 15 Sep 2001